Series forms part of Nova Scotia Hospital fonds and consists of admission slips, applications for admission, and admission books relating to the admittance of patients to the hospital. The incorporating legislation set out the admission procedure to be followed for admissions to the hospital. Admission slips, dating between 1860 and 1904, are Form "B" under the Act and are certificates from medical practitioners confirming the patient's mental status. The application forms for admission are Form "A" under the Act and are sworn documents, usually completed by the patient's family, giving a mental history of the patient. These date from between 1867 and 1902 and have been bound into volumes often labelled as admission books. Admission registers consist of books giving the date of admission and brief information on each patient admitted between 1917-1941 and 1953-1958, including the admission number assigned. The admission slips and admission books are arranged in admission number order.
Series forms part of Nova Scotia Hospital fonds and consists of twenty case books, which record personal and medical information about patients at the time of admittance to the hospital and includes information on their treatment. Series is arranged according to admission numbers which are assigned chronologically.
Series forms part of Nova Scotia Hospital fonds and consists of sixty-one photographs of construction of the hospital, hospital staff, a children's camp, and a flag raising ceremony at the hospital. Series also includes two glass negatives of hospital staff.
Series forms part of Nova Scotia Hospital fonds and consists of the medical superintendent's correspondence, including two letter books. Correspondence is principally relating to equipment and improvements at the hospital, as well as patients. Series also includes brochures sent to the medical superintendent describing equipment, some post-mortem reports of patients from 1901, a procedure manual (1920) about the civil re-establishment of soldiers, and a daily journal kept by the superintendent of the hospital from 1860 to 1870.